cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianphillips2347
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Why do I need a new phone line for Infinity?

Hiya all.

I placed an order for BT Infinity online and today was told the order had been cancelled. I rang to find out why and, after nearly an hour on the phone and several transfers to other departments, was told it was because I needed a new phone line.

Any idea why this might be? I've had phone and broadband on this line in my property for at least 10 years. I have the feeling that maybe continuing with this order isn't the best idea as already completely unimpressed by the BT customer support.

Thanks for any help
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Why do I need a new phone line for Infinity?

I'm asking the forum moderators for advice and they will post contact info here in the morning.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi ianphillips2347,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry there’s been some confusion with the order. Are you already with BT for your line and broadband? Are you trying to upgrade your current service or ordering a new separate service at that same address? If you can give me as much detail as possible I’m sure I can help.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
ianphillips2347
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for getting back to me.

This is the first time (or at least, maybe) Im having my service supplied by BT. I currently have fibre optic supplied by Talk Talk but have also previously been with Sky.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

I am fairly sure you will have to transfer your phone service to BT first, then you should be able to order BT Infinity.

0 Ratings
ianphillips2347
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I tried transferring my phone line and broadband online. I had a confirmation email with an order number and a date both my services would go live. A few days later, I had another email saying it had been cancelled.

After nearly an hour on the phone I was told they needed to cancel that order and would have to wait 3 weeks for an engineer to come out to set up a new phone line and I wouldn't be able to keep my number Ive had for as long as I can remember.

Never had a similar issue before when switching from one supplier to another.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for confirming that @ianphillips2347. @Keith_Beddoe is right.

Your best bet would be to get in touch with our orders team. I’ll drop you a message now with a link where you can chat them online. This order team is based in the UK and will own your complaint until everything is sorted out.

Should you have any further problems after speaking with this team please let us know.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings