cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KForeman
Message 1 of 10

Why is it so hard to find a Bt contact for a REAL person?

Hi

Can anyone help. Due to my personal circumstances, I need to talk to BT regarding my phoneline. All I want to do is talk to a real live person. I cannot seem to find this option anywhere. The contact numbers ive been given send me to an automated system that does not contain the option to speak to an advisor.

im positive the issue i'm having would be fixable within a few minutes if I could physically speak to a human being in BT, but im getting nowhere. Can anyone help? IS there a number I can call that will let me speak to someone rather than a machine?

Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
ttyrie
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Why is it so hard to find a Bt contact for a REAL person?

Hello,

These are the numbers you need to contact BT.

Also try the Mods:- http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 

(The mods will be able to help- but there is an ''upto'' 72 hour wait to assistance from them).

From a landline:-

0800 800 151 (Residential Faults)

0800 800 150 (Residential Customer Services)

From a mobile:-

0330 123 4151 (Residential Faults)

0330 123 4150 (Residential Customer Services)

Hope this helps 🙂

KForeman
Message 3 of 10

Thank you very much. Thats been very helpful! I was able to get through to an advisor and they were able to fix my problem, as I thought they would.

I'm still at a loss as to why the system seems designed to prevent customers from getting past the automated systems...even those numbers you gave me were initially automated "press 1 for Billing, press 2 for....", and it didn't specify which options would get me through to a real person.

Why cant the menu include an option for "if you would like to bypass all this guff and speak to a human being, press 9"?

0 Ratings
ttyrie
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 10

Because those options direct you to the relavent departments without BT staff wasting time transferring your call from pillar to post 😉

0 Ratings
KForeman
Message 5 of 10

Perhaps, but those options only seem to direct us to the automated version of the relevant departments, or don't say whether or not the caller is being passed to an automated system or to a real person. I just think there should be a clearly labeled option that would allow a caller to choose to speak to a member of BT staff rather than with, essentially, a computer.

In this instance, BT therefore saved time not having to transfer me because I had to spent a lot of time calling differant numbers (the ones you gave me were the third set I'd tried, the first two sets were ones Id gotten from BT and neither of them let me speak to anyone directly) and eventually posting on the forum to get some help.

This strikes me as contrary to the concept of customer service, especially for a communications company. I know I may seem to be channeling Victor Meldrew, but I hate these automated things. Like I said, my issue was solved by a member of BT staff in roughly 5 minutes...yet it took me five times that long just to be able to get to speak to that person in the first place.

0 Ratings
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 10

You could try Live chat Online http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

They run Mon - Fri 9 - 6

It may be online text chat but you will 'speak' to a real person in seconds.

I have used it before and it works well, even once when the chat disconnected they actually phoned me up to finish off my query.

Check your exchange or major service outages

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. 🙂 ***
voyager911
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

I am trying the numbers, but you just end up with a message your call is important to us please hold.

And this is a phone company you never get anyone answer, or you have to wait for such a long time not very good.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

@voyager911 I'm sorry to see you've had difficulty getting through to the helpdesk this morning, if you have a question or need help with your service maybe the community can help if you create an new thread?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
voyager911
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

I actually tried 3 times today to talk to a BT customer service representative being kept on hold for up to 40 minutes, with the annoying please hold the line your call is important to us.

Well if we the customers were important why can’t you actually talk to someone considering BT is supposed to be a communication company. It’s just not good enough sometimes you need to talk to a live person not an online chat in fact some people don’t have computers.

I still have not talked to anyone, and I am now thinking about changing to a different company as BT has hit a new low of customer care.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
AngieT
Message 10 of 10

Haha I like the ' Guff' word. . And I agree..
Maybe they're all on tea breaks.. 😁Again!! 🤪
Honestly- so far do quite like BT compared to three other network providers we've been with the last 5 years.. and I find it easier to go online & chat live with an advisor - they do give you phone numbers or links or even ring you back on whatever number you want. I don't think there's a robot on the other end - they're quite genuine & less frustrating & sometimes quite chatty.. like meeeee haaha. 😁
Hope you got all sorted anyway 👍🏼
0 Ratings