cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Why no email contact?

After surviving a stroke I cannot use the telephone.  Although my hearing is perfect I cannot comprehend the electronically processed very poor quality audio of the telephone.  Ironically I'm an electronics engineer with telecoms experience so know only too well how badly my neurology has been affected.

Even if I could understand speech while speaking to an operator, I find navigating any form of menu system impossible.  My speech is badly impaired so for that reason alone means I cannot use the telephone.  "Textphone" are useful to those hard of hearing but useless for anyone who, like myself, had the language centres of the brain damaged by stroke.

1.) I need a copy of BT's application form for the low-cost plan for those on benefits.  I was promised one early in January - six weeks later I'm still waiting.

2.) BT intend to increase my monthly payments to nearly £40,  even though my use of the telephone is now virtually zero.  In fact I would have my line disconnected if I didn't need broadband.

3.) Companies wishing to communicate with me have to use email or letter - I've regained much of my written skill.

Could anyone bring my plight to the notice of someone in BT who could communicate with me by email?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why no email contact?

As you need individual attention try the forum moderators here: Contact BT Forum Mods. They are a speialist team with a good record - and they will communicate by email.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

You can try Live Chat

This is an interactive text based contact point, which is quite effective.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

0 Ratings