cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mackey18
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Why would a phone line issue inside my property occur after a storm?

Hi guys,

I'm down in the south west with all the storms and for the second time, my telephone line has no tone after the storms (engineer came in last month to fix it). What I find odd is that it's only 1 of the 2 lines that are in our house; the other line is fine. Why would only one line drop when they both enter the house from the same point? It's a bit of a frustration losing a line, and I personally can't understand how wind and rain would cause a fault to occur inside of the house. What is the fault?

Anyway, if you could shed some light on what the fault is (I'm assuming it's the same fault that's happened twice) or maybe even provide a fix, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Mike

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Why would a phone line issue inside my property occur after a storm?

the 2 lines are different pairs of wires so problem with one pair but not the other - bad connection possibly

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Mackey18
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Does that explain though why the whether caused this, and how despite having an engineer in just 3 weeks ago, something's already gone wrong with the indoor cabling?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

what makes you think there is an internal water problem with the cable
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Does each line terminate on its own separate master socket, or is a dual master socket with two outlets?

0 Ratings