Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Wiring master socket

Go to solution

Hi,

I have recently moved into my new house. The master socket from BT appeared to be in the living room with an extension into the hallway. I now find the master socket is the extension, the socket in the hallway just a dummy as nothing was wired into it ( probs why the phone didn’t work....🙄). At the moment I have my hub plugged into the socket in the living room and no phone, my question is can I just put the master socket back in the hall and plug the hub into that and wire the extension socket for the living room for the phone? Does it matter which way round the wires are? This is what I found when I removed the socket in the hallway...This is what I found when I removed the socket in the hallway...

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Wiring master socket

Go to solution

if that is master with incoming openreach wiring then you should be able to put master back and connet white and orange to terminals A&B   the extension would then be wired to terminals 2&5 on back of front plate

wires either way round

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Thank you, will I need to use a filter on both sockets?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

is master socket filtered - has 2 sockets one for broadband and one for phone?  if yea then no filters required - if only phone socket then you need filter on both sockets

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.