cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Wrong postcode registered to account

HI, can anyone help on this, as otherwise i think it might involve getting ofcom involved.

BT have always had the wrong Postcode down against my address, i've requested a few times that they change it, but they never could. mostly this just prevented me from making some account changes directly online myself, which wasn't ideal but also wasnt the end of the world.

i'm now switching away from BT and because the postcode doesn't watch, they are refusing any requests to port my number to the new supplier, but also won't change my postcode to the correct postcode. as i'm half way through the process of changing, my mobile has already moved from BT and it's going to cause me a lot of pain to cancel my new deal and move back to bt, but also, why should i have to be tied to BT because of their failings? i'm sure theres quite a few legalities in there alone.

i've seen on here that seemingly some of the mods can update this? i dont appear to be able to request this directly, any assistance is possible

thanks in advance

Dave

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wrong postcode registered to account

Hi @daveneill83 and welcome.

Sorry you're having problems getting the address updated. Can you just confirm do the details match on the royal mail address checker.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi @DavidM , the address on the bill is the correct address and matches with the royal mail address checker, however when i phoned up yesterday about this again, the phone number itself is listed to another postcode (and oddly there's a 1 in front of the house number too which shouldn't be there). This other postcode, going by google maps, is a few streets away from my house but certainly isn't my house

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for getting back to me @daveneill83.

I'll need to take a closer look at this for you so I've dropped you a private message. Can you reply to that with the details and I'll try to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

thanks @DavidM, message sent

0 Ratings