cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

an ORDI request needs to be submitted to change my address

My address does not match my landline number but am being told an ORDI request needs to be submitted to change my address to my current address. Can you help with this as I am trying to change BB provider. If I cannot sort this I will lose my number.

Thanks, Chas

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: an ORDI request needs to be submitted to change my address

@ChasB7 

Who is your current provider?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Are you a BT broadband customer 

Is your address correct on royal mail database

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Hi Keith

My current provider is TalkTalk. If I wanted to change my BB & phone to BT, I suspect BT would be unable to transfer my phone number as it does not match my address!! What now? Can you help please? Chas

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

You really need to get your current provider TT to submit the ORDI to openreach as it needs to be your current provider 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

My address is there if I look up my postcode on the PostCode Finder on the  Royal Mail database, I can select it. But obviously it does not show that I live there. But I am on the Electoral Roll and my driving licence shows my address etc

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

I spent nearly an hour on the phone to TalkTalk through Customer Services and them speaking to a manager for ages, but they insisted that my new provider would sort it out. I spoke to 2 new providers but they told me to go to my existing provider ie TalkTalk. I am just going round in circles!!

TalkTalk has no incentive to do an ORDI as keeping my existing number is an incentive to remain with them. If I leave and get a new number, then TalkTalk is shot of this problem and does nothing!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

If your address on Royal Mail database and openreach database are not the same then you will have problems getting another ISP. Keeping phone number is another issue

this is TT problem and they should help you get it corrected

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

@ChasB7 wrote:

Hi Keith

My current provider is TalkTalk. If I wanted to change my BB & phone to BT, I suspect BT would be unable to transfer my phone number as it does not match my address!! What now? Can you help please? Chas

@ChasB7 

Only your current provider can change your address details by submitting an ORDI request to Openreach.

Have you ever been with BT Retail before at your current address?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 12

I’m not suggesting for a moment that you are doing this, but if a consumer of TT was really wanting to move to the PO ( for example ) and the PO correctly indicates that there is an OpenReach Database Integrity issue and TT need to submit a request to get it rectified  , but they don’t want to, it may be implied by PO that BT should be able to get it done, but if that’s the case BT do the work for no benefit to themselves...so you can see why the responsibility is with the current provider ( TT in your case )
AFAIK , it should be able to enter an order for an address that isn’t a perfect match ( silver address ?) but perhaps it needs to be progressed as a new line not a migration, perhaps BT can go down this route if TT won’t update your address record with OR

0 Ratings