cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docyo
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

appalled by BT

I phoned BT on behalf of my 85 year old widowd mother to report a fault last Friday  - no phone service at all. I was told someone would phone me back between 2-3pm. Didn't happen.

I phoned BT back and was told an engineer would call Saturday between  8am - 1pm. Didn't happen.

I phoned BT and was told the problem had been fixed from the exchange - which it hadn't - so the engineer didn't call. Still no phone service.

I complained and was told I would get a call from a senior complaints manager this morning from 8am-1pm. Didn't happen.

Appalling service from BT.

Priority appointment for engineer call now next Tuesday tho I have little faith it might actually happen.

Meanwhile mum sitting at home with a mobile she can't really use.

I get the impression no one really cares and there is zero customer care or concern.

I want to know how to get a complaint taken seriously.

I will be changing my own provider ASAP

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: appalled by BT

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

Repair timescales are three working days, which means Openreach will aim to fix th fault by the end of Wednesday next week.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/~/customer-service-guarantee

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

fault repairs are carried out by Openreach not BT and Openreach's response time is normally 3 working days this applies to all providers accept cable operators
0 Ratings
docyo
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

But when I phoned on Friday and explained the situation they said an engineer would call the following morning due to the circumstances - 85 year old , alone , no phone etc. So surely they must have facility to prioritize calls. Anyway - still 2 x promised phoned calls from BT not returned...... In my trade this would be a sackable offence. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

does your mother qualify  http://btplc.com/Inclusion/HelpAndSupport/DocumentsandDownloads/Communicationchoices/FreePriorityFau...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
docyo
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

apparantly not ! She is only a 85 year old frail elderly lady living alone.

I suppose she could limp about with her walking stick looking for a phone box.

Anyway - these two promised calls .......  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

unless priority fault service is set up on the account then it is treat as a standard call out BT have no say on Openreach's normal callout time  which applies to all Providers not just BT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

I would suggest you consider completing the form in IMjollys link and register your mother for the service this will then resolve any future problems
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

@docyo wrote:

apparantly not ! She is only a 85 year old frail elderly lady living alone.

I suppose she could limp about with her walking stick looking for a phone box.

Anyway - these two promised calls .......  

If your mother qualifies then you need to complete the forum and provide proof. BT cannot tell how old or infirm a customer is so need you to apply. 

Wont help this time but will should there be a future problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
docyo
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

yes but BT can return phone calls. Or (obviously) maybe not. 

0 Ratings