In July I decided to switch our broadband to super fast fibre as online it said we could. Only in reality we couldn't as we are much too far away from the fibre enabled cabinet. At the same time i bought, online, a BT8500 advanced call guardian twin phone kit. The phone etc all arrived as it should and the phone worked brilliantly. The fibre broadband didn't, in fact it was worse than the copper broadband, so after many calls, and many hours I thought we had managed to cancel our fibre contract and reinstate our unlimited braodband. This for some reason left an open order on my account. More calls, more online chat, more passed from person to person. Meanwhile the landline died. Fault was reported and quite quickly fixed except that the caller display no longer worked on the BT8500. More calls, more online chat, more passing from person to person, a new phone set was sent (with no information how to return the presumed faulty original BT8500) and the new phone doesn't work properly either. Fault reported again, and again, and online says its fixed but it isn't. My online account now shows no information, no broadband, no phone package details, nothing. The caller dispaly still isnt workig so the call guardian doesnt work so is turned off, and the person who said they were going to phone me back hasn't, again. I have writted to the address in Durham but don't hold out any hope for any sort of speedy reply and I am now about to contact OFCOM. I am seriously annoyed about this mess. I have been a BT customer since time began and they have made a fortune from me, but this level of service is appalling.
Using the online report the fault not fixed constantly says it can't send the data, so what use is it? Why can these problems not be sorted out efficiently? And just what can I do next? BT, you owe me around 4 days of my life back.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry you're having so many problems. I'm sure I can help. Can you please send over your details? You'll get the contact us link in my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.
so its monday morning and nothing has happened. I wrote to BT last week, no reply, nothing. Have phoned, chatted online, gone through this forum. Nothing has changed.
So I am paying for a service I am not receiving. I can't report the fault as ongoing online as it 'can't send the data' to reopen the fault, I got a text message to say BT would phone me on Friday, nothing.
I am now seriiously so fed up OFCOM is my next move.
My online account has been totally wrecked so it shows that we have a phone! Nothing else! and no doubt the huge bill I have just paid will be followed by and equally huge bill in Decemeber, well it will not be paid.
I really do not feel like going through all the same, call 0800 800 150 to talk to someone in India who doesn't resolve anything, to talk to someone else in India who equally doesn't resolve anything to receive odd random text and voice messages about calls that never materialise, and still caller ID doesn't work, my account isn't showing anything useful and generally BT service is rubbish.
to say I am angry would be an understatement
I am sorry that you haven't got this issue sorted yet. I can see your email in our queue and it is nearing the top.
One of the team will be in touch shortly to help.
So today I finally gave up.
having spent hours and hours trying to get this phone to work. Trying it on my neighbours line where it worked perfectly, trying my old phone on my line which showed caller ID. Suggesting they try what the openreach engineer suggested, I have tried everything. And to be fair, the people from the complaints department have been very conscientious, rung me when they said they would, reported the fault numerous times but all, sadly, with no results.
the engineers say there is no fault on the line. Caller ID is enabled, it even works with my old phone, and they can't understand why it doesn't work with the BT8500, and neither can I. It worked perfectly well when it first arrived, until a line fault, which was fixed at the cabinet/box/exchange thing and never worked since. I have had two of the sets of phones, both of which now have to be returned, and I will now have to wait for another, different model. Meanwhile the hours spent online and on the phone, the utter confusion and lack of knowledge is astounding. From this forum it would seem that many, many people have had similar problems, different problems with this model. Maybe the technical department needs to investigate this much more carefully.
But for me, this is the end of all the calls, hassle and endless attempts to get BT to ask openreach to do what one openreach engineer suggested. I hope the replacement works, but it won't have call guardian which was the whole point of this.
very sadly disappointed so it's back to the nuisance calls, spam calls and General rubbish that BT seem unable to block. Oh and the TPS doesn't work either.
however, the good folks on this forum very quickly sorted out my account and got things rolling, just sadly couldn't sort out the technical stuff