Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

bt call protect

Go to solution

I find setting up Other Call types in Blacklist settings very confusing.   If you still want to receive Withheld numbers do you tick the box or leave it blank?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: bt call protect

Go to solution

It is quite straightforward.  If you want to stop a type of call then set stop.  If you want to allow a tyepe of call select allow.

See below, I have all types set to stop

call protect.JPG

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

My app is not like that.   It asks Choose which type of calls you want to receive.  I.e. Withheld, then it gives boxes to tick.   Intuitively I would tick to receive but by trial and error it seems I don’t tick if I want to receive .  I have deleted and reloaded app and it is still the same on iPhone.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

B7940AE5-96D8-48A5-83BB-4D70A7BA8B77.jpeg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I was going to suggest that you try logging in to your account via My BT and managing your blacklist settings from there.

However,  having just done that, I find that the UI has changed and the settings are now displayed similarly to how they are in your app.

Now, whilst as far as I am aware I do receive calls from withheld, unrecognised and international numbers, the three boxes in the "Other call types" section are not ticked. Like you, based on the call types I receive, I would have expected all three boxes to be ticked.

It looks like whoever wrote the copy next to the boxes didn't talk to whoever decided what the boxes should do.

You can also manage your blacklist settings by dialling 1572. However, the option choices given there are similarly ambiguous.

BT should really sort out its confusing blacklist setting UIs.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@standeman ,

The setting page you are referring to is for BT’s own blacklist, as opposed to your personal blacklist.

BT’s blacklist is based on reputation, and you can overrule some of the types of Call to be blocked.

You manage your own choice of calls to be received by selecting the page “view recent callers”. 

You will find more information on the BT help pages.....search for Call Protect.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@Ribblelancswrote:

@standeman ,

The setting page you are referring to is for BT’s own blacklist, as opposed to your personal blacklist.

BT’s blacklist is based on reputation, and you can overrule some of the types of Call to be blocked.

You manage your own choice of calls to be received by selecting the page “view recent callers”. 

You will find more information on the BT help pages.....search for Call Protect.

How does this answer the OP's question which was "If you still want to receive Withheld numbers do you tick the box or leave it blank?"?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

A two stage answer:

• if you want to override @standeman page it will allow selected calls to come through, regardless of BT blacklist. The option is there to avoid any automatic “robotic” action on blocking your calls.

If you want to override the op’s settings tick the box for either “allow”, or “block”, in your view caller page.

It’s much simpler if you subscribe to the caller display  VIP option, then all your personal known numbers  can be set, and will override all other choices. Note the use of the word “known”, I.e. Withheld numbers can be difficult to allow, selectively.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you.  I’m glad you agree that the wording is ambiguous.  Why did they change it from the old slide on or off button.  Mad.  I worked out not to tick boxes by trial and error.

0 Ratings