cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

bt service

I have a bt landline and an engineer came to correct a fault (not caused by me). When he came I had a master socket and an extension. After he had fixed the fault and left I discovered that the extension no longer worked and I was unable to put a splitter accessory on the master socket. After hours of trying to solve the problem bt tells me that the new master socket installed by bt does not support a second handset. What do I do now?

It took weeks to get the engineer to visit and there seems to be no recourse to having my original set up  re-instated

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: bt service

@ColinHopkins 

Which master socket is causing the problem?

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegKeith_Beddoe_1-1577035100602.jpeg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

All that has happened is that the engineer disconnected the wires to the extension socket from the master. If it is the master where face lust unclips then if you take face off you should see the wires which just need reconnected to the two terminals on the left side of master. Either way round will do

it is not unusual for engineer not to reconnect the extension wiring as that is customers responsibility

this may help

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/helpandsupport/how-toguides/howtoguides/downloads/NTE5C_Instru...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

If its number 7, then the extension just needs reconnecting

he extension wiring was probably disconnected when the socket was fitted, but you can re-connect it yourself, to the extension terminals located on the left, behind the front plate.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thanks - I'll try it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6