cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JockoDaSoco
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

bt8500

Continuing the sage of the BT8500 phone....I have had the BT8500 since Feb 2016. This morning I contacted bt via their help system. 4 chat assistants later I finally got my solution answered. The problem was a simple one or so I thought. The answer machine was not 'kicking in' to callers and allowing them to leave a message. BT technical dept in their wisdom decided the problem was with their 1571 and they needed to 'switch' it on, so they raised an order which is going to cost me an extra £27 per year.... My Q'n is why?..... what is the point of having an answering system on a telephone that will cost me money!!!  The whole point of purpose of purchasing a machine with an answer facility is to receive missed callers, not to spend money on an unneccessary service. As for cli I have that free as I pay annually.....I f anyone can answer my Q'n intellegently it would be appreciated.

JockoDaSoco

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
LowTech
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: bt8500

Yes 1571 was free in a bundle of other free stuff for years then it started to COST - then from about Jun3rd 2016 I notice a price hike of 14.2% just for 1571. I was wondering what features or new technology warranted this huge increase - is it even within gov. guidelines for a service price increase?. Of course the other enticement services used to be free too - now charged and incremented separately. Our phone will store messages but not while it's in use, when we need the 1571 facility to catch them.

0 Ratings