cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pentateuch
Message 11 of 17

Re: caller display after October 1st 2018

Go to solution
Does this commit you to a new 12-month contract?
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @Pentateuch We’ve made it completely free from 1 October – so no one will pay and no need to re-contract to get it for free. Customers will see a credit on their next bill backdating this to 1 October if they have been charged in advance of the 1 October on the previous bill.

Any customer today can get it for free – either online or through an advisor and we are working on making it even easy for a customer to add caller display.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
-Richie-
Expert
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

@Andy_Nwrote:

BT need to get their act together, because one of their websites is still saying it costs money :-

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8098/~/all-about-bt-privacy-at-home

which is in direct contravention of OFCOM ruling :-

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/rule-changes-to-protect-consumers-and-...

BT can't charge for BT Privacy as that's a TPS registration (and free).

It's done now 🙂

0 Ratings
Hector-Glasgow
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Check your bill!

I've just received my latest bill and have been charged £2.35 for caller display from 6th October to 16th November (£1.75/month) and £1.75 for the coming month. Phoned BT and spoke with a pleasant, older-sounding English man who mentioned that there had been a lot of calls about this, stating that there was 'a glitch in the system'. Charge refunded to my account and told it ought to be ok next time but to check - which I certainly will!

I wonder if BT's dreadful system expects customers who registered for free caller display after 1st October to additionally ask for it to indeed be free, like people who were previously paying for it are made to do. Also wonder if it may be a deliberate 'glitch' in the hope that many do not notice!

Don't really need a BT line at all as (excepting a much greater number of nuisance calls) only my elderly mother and occasionally one other person ever phone it. Everyone else uses mobile and also have virginmedia. If there's an error next time then I'm off.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

@Hector-Glasgowwrote:

Check your bill!

I've just received my latest bill and have been charged £2.35 for caller display from 6th October to 16th November (£1.75/month). Phoned BT and spoke with a pleasant, older-sounding English man who mentioned that there had been a lot of calls about this, stating that there was 'a glitch in the system'. Charge refunded to my account and told it ought to be ok next time but to check - which I certainly will!

I wonder if BT's dreadful system expects customers who registered for free caller display after 1st October to additionally ask for it to indeed be free, like people who were previously paying for it are made to do. Also wonder if it may be a deliberate 'glitch' in the hope that many do not notice!

Don't really need a BT line at all as (excepting a much greater number of nuisance calls) BT Call Protect is FREE and will stop most nuisance calls only my elderly mother and occasionally one other person ever phone it. Everyone else uses mobile and also have virginmedia. If there's an error next time then I'm off.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

Hi, have just tried to get caller display via home.bt and the final stage needed me to recontract before proceeding. No other service was selected and TPS was deselected. This seems to contradict what you are saying and what OFCOM ruled.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Adding caller display won't renew the contract, neither does registering with TPS, something else must be part of the order journey.

You can also call free on 0800 800 150, the value or loyalty team will add it for you, for free and without extending your contract.

0 Ratings