cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cverve
Message 1 of 13

callers can hardly hear me talking on bt verve 450

hi..

I've trying googling this and am getting no where.. all of a sudden one of my cordless bt verve 450 handsets has stopping working so well.. people keep telling me to talk up when I'm speaking to them.. I don't know how to do this as I think I can only turn up the volume so I can hear people better.

I have taken the battery out of the phone for 30 mins roughly and put it back in but the volume is still low for the caller speaking to me and there is also some slight static.

do I need a new battery?  I don't know what else to do.. any help would be great.. thank you!

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: callers can hardly hear me talking on bt verve 450

You could swap the batteries with one of the other handsets to prove whether that is the problem.

The batteries that come with cordless phones usually last between 1 and 2 years, replacement batteries usually last longer.

As they get older, they lose their voltage and capacity, which may cause the problems you are having.

cverve
Message 3 of 13

hi Keith

thanks for reply.. I've already tried swapping the batteries .. one phone is still more distant sounding than the other..

I have just stuck the problem phone which is attached to the answer phone base to another socket and I'm still distant.

I've now turned off all electricity supply and pulled out batteries again..

could it be broken?  I don't seem to have much luck with phones they all seem to break after a couple of years or so.. 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

You could try de-registering it from the base unit, and then re-registering it again. It may have lost full sychronisation with the base unit.

Its worth a try.

If you want to do a final check of the batteries, just in case they are all a bit low, and that faulty phone is a bit more sensetive to voltage, you can put a couple of ordinary alkaline AAA batteries in it, just to see if its any better.

Do not attempt to charge them however!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

0 Ratings
cverve
Message 6 of 13

hi Keith

I've de-registered both of the handsets .. and reset .. but now they flash up 'no base' when I try to re-register them.??

am unsure what to do now.. now I got no phones working..:( oh dear!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

Are you sure you are following the correct registation process, remembering to enter the PIN number and pressing the find button in on the base unit until it registers? Do only one phone at a time.

You really only needed to de-register the faulty phone!

Pages 63 and 64.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Registering an additional handset
At the handset:
1. Press Menu, scroll to Settings and press OK.
2. H/set settings is highlighted. Press OK.
3. Scroll or to Register and press OK.
4. Press or to select the base you want. Press OK.
5. Enter the system PIN then press OK. The display shows
Registering...

At the base:
1. Press and hold  find
The handset is automatically assigned the next available
handset number.

0 Ratings
cverve
Message 9 of 13

hi Keith

I have now re-registered the phones .. and still one hand set sounds a lot fainter than the other.. my friend says that the first time I call the line sounded fainted and had background noise.. I then changed batteries from one handset to another and the line was a bit better but still faint.

my handsets won't take AAA batteries as they are plug in batteries.. do you think its probably the handset?

I'm kinda thinking as I can't seem to make it better that maybe I should just use the good phone on the base unit which is used more and put the other one on the occasionally used phone.. although I would still really prefer both phones to be working..

is there a reason why all of a sudden the phone just went faint sounding?

thank you for helping!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

@cverve wrote:

is there a reason why all of a sudden the phone just went faint sounding?

thank you for helping!

I did not realise they were plug in batteries, most use AAA rechargeable batteries these days.

There are many reasons why electronic devices can degrade over time. If the phone was kept in an area like a kitchen, where there may be condensation, this can cause corrosion inside.

Sometimes an electronic component can fail for no reason at all.

You have tried all of the things that I could think of, that may cause the problem. I assume that altering the volume makes no difference.

You could always buy a single Verve 450 handset, they are £19.99 on Amazon, and register it to your existing base unit.

That may be the best option.

0 Ratings