cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diegor
Message 1 of 3

cancellation of my contract

Yesterday night I received an email from the cancellation of my contract. The following happened, someone had my line canceled and I made a contract with another provider (VODAFONE) what can I do to complain. Thank you

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: cancellation of my contract

@diegor

The whole point of the email is to notify you of any potential changes. It could be a genuine mistake, normally the accepting provider (VF) would send the request to (BT) to initate the move of services.

I am assuming that you were able to stop any changes happening?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: cancellation of my contract

@diegorwrote:

Yesterday night I received an email from the cancellation of my contract. The following happened, someone had my line canceled and I made a contract with another provider (VODAFONE) what can I do to complain. Thank you

Hi @diegor  You can make a complaint to Ofcom if BT didn't give you 14 days notice (with a transfer cancellation contact number). This is the way switching works as defined by Ofcom. Unfortunately this does mean that mistakes can be made where somebody has accidently given your number to Vodafone. If you don't cancel the transfer in time your contract with BT will end. All designed to make switching easy with the safeguard of 14 days notice.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/changing-provider

0 Ratings