Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwhiteland
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

complaint about number transfer

Go to solution

i moved home at the beginning of december but could not port my old telephone immediately because i was on sky. i was given a temporary new number by bt while the old number was being released by sky. however that temporary number was cut off over a week ago and despite 5 calls (each lasting around 45 minutes on my mobile) I have been unable to resolve this. I cannot believe that an organisation can be so monumentally incomptetent.  Can anyone advise how I can possibly resolve this as my daughter is seriously ill in hospital and I am very concerned that we could miss an important call from he hospital.

Martin

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: complaint about number transfer

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: complaint about number transfer

Go to solution

Hi Martin,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
mwhiteland
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Re Incident *****-*****

Go to solution

Re Incident *****-*****

Hi David 

For some reason I ca't get access to your contact details to reply direct so I hope you can pick this up.

I think the reason why my old phone number keeps failing when you are trying to make the new connection might be because when I first booked the service on 27 November the lady who was dealing with the enquiry (Alison) said she would place a hold on the number so nobody else could get once it was relaesed by Sky which is perhaps why it can't be installed now.

I would be grateful if you could pass this information onto the Data Integity team who you say are trying to work this out.

I reiterate that I have not had a phone line since 16 Decembe and my daughter is still seriously ill in hospital and having no land line is making things very difficult to ensure we do not miss calls concerning her condition from the hospital.

Thanks

Martin Whiteland

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Re: Re Incident *****-*****

Go to solution

Hi mwhiteland,

I’m glad we were able to get the number back for you. The multiple LRS orders caused a bit of confusion but it’s all sorted now.

All the best.

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings