cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyisha264
Message 1 of 7

constant buzz on phone line and broadband disconnecting

Go to solution

Where our BT phone line enters our house is under a very damp upstairs window. Every couple of years for the 20 years we have lived at the property, we have to report a fault and an engineer would come and replace the damp parts in the little connection box. Over recent times we have been charged the fee for this. The master socket is further down the cable at the bottom of the stairs and is usually OK.

Can we change where the phone line enters the house? The phone line is useless for phonecalls and is affecting our broadband speed and connectivity. The only other option is to scrap the line rental and get mobile broadband or one that doesn't require a phone line. Why do the engineers never fix the problem long term? We want to change to fibre optic, but the phone line will cause the same problems with this. If we cancelled the phone line and then ordered a new bundle, would we actually get a new phone line into the house, or would they simply reconnect the old, damp one?

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: constant buzz on phone line and broadband disconnecting

Go to solution
cancelling the line will not give you a new line OPenreach will just use the existing line you should be able to get the line moved at a charge
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

You would have to pay to have the line relocated, however I am surprised that the last technician to visit, did not simply remove the box, and crimp the connections together.

I am assuming that as it comes in upstairs, you are fed from a pole?

0 Ratings
Tyisha264
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi yes we are fed from a pole and we are a BT line rental and phone customer. As we only paid out the £110 before Christmas and the fault is worse than ever, is there anything we can do? It's so frustrating that it's so expensive to keep getting it fixed - we're very distressed about it as it's been ongoing for years. We've started making all phone calls from our mobiles but appear to need the line for broadband.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

As this is a repeat fault, then some special help may be worthwhile to finally fix the issue.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Tyisha264

I can have this investigated for you. Send me an email using the contact the mods link in my profile.

Thanks

Stuart

Tyisha264
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

An engineer called in and  moved the connection box - our phone line is now nice and quiet!

0 Ratings