cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cikin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

dial out ok, can only receive calls from mobiles not landlines after sky to bt swap

Go to solution

Signed up to full BT package early October coming over from sky, no phone 1 week, no broadband  3 weeks, had to have a temp number as BT could not get my number, after nearly 4 weeks and at least 30+ phone calls to get any sense on what is happening I am now at the point where I have my old number, can dial out fine, broadband is working fine, can dial the phone ok from a mobile no problem,  but any incoming calls from a landline cannot be made, message of 'number not obtainable' or similar is heard. I have had this line for no problem for 15 years until I came over to BT. Have also had a temporary number on this line whilst waiting for my number. Called BT today to report the issue, the indian guy was not receptive to what I was saying and wanted to get an engineer out, I told him I dont think a visit to my home is needed, surely the issue is at the exchange and the number has not ported across properly somehow, was told I would have to pay £129 if no fault, of which I am certain there is no fault at my home. How do I resolve this?  I dont want to waste anymore time waiting for an engineer.

The whole customer service of BT I have found appaling, nobody ever calls back when they say they will or seemingly take ownership, sick of all the hassle to be honest. 

Any advice on how to resolve my phone issue is appreciated.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: dial out ok, can only receive calls from mobiles not landlines after sky to bt swap

Go to solution

@cikin I'm really sorry about the problems getting your BT service activated. That definitely sounds like a porting issue and shouldn't require an engineer visit to sort the adviser should have spoken to the Openreach number portability team in this instance.

If you need any help please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
cikin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: dial out ok, can only receive calls from mobiles not landlines after sky to bt swap

Go to solution

Thank you Neil I did as you requested last weekend ,  hopefully soon it will be resolved

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Just to let other members know that this issue was resolved by changing the telephone number for the OP.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”