cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naoma
Message 1 of 9

eldehrly mum cut off in error. lives alone. emergency fall alarm now useless nobody will help.

Spoiler

My mum is 85 has light dementia very wobbly on feet lives alone in rural location. moving to live with me on 10.1. Did home move order with datr for cut off 10.1 I HAVE CHECKED my order. it is correct
thry cut her off yday. she is housebound and has an emergency call system which of course does not work either now. If she falls or needs help she cant get it. the error is bt but they say cant rectify till mon when management team is bsck at work. someone should be avail to sort this now. i just want the line reinststated..my no is *********. Im Hazel the dsughter and my mum is mrs m bruce. if anything happens to her you will be liable. please sort this it is an emergency. thanks h

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: elderly mum cut off in error. lives alone. emergency fall alarm now useless nobody will help.

Hi. Can I suggest that you remove the phone number and vol reference from your posting we this us a public forum for all to see.
At this time of the night your best bet is to get back to the faults dept on 151 or 0800 800 151 and try to get them to raise the job as a welfare case, quoting what you have told us.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Re: elderly mum cut off in error. lives alone. emergency fall alarm now useless nobody will help.

I have flagged to the mods and they will contact you.  as already said please delete phone number and vol ref number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
naoma
Message 4 of 9

Explained.but they say can only get authoridation from management team...9-5 m-f tho
0 Ratings
naoma
Message 5 of 9

Mods? No contact yet.thanks anyway.h
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

Once the immediate issue is resolved you might like to consider the Priority Fault Repair Scheme for the future.

Mods is jargon for the moderators who oversee this forum and provide appropriate assistance. Don't know their duty hours but it's not 24/7.

By the way your phone number still appears in your original post.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 9

Re: eldehrly mum cut off in error. lives alone. emergency fall alarm now useless nobody will help.

Hi Naoma,

Welcome to the forum.  I am so sorry for all the problems that you are having with BT.  It was good speaking with you this morning.

I will be in touch later on today to discuss further.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
MonicaJ
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Re: eldehrly mum cut off in error. lives alone. emergency fall alarm now useless nobody will help.

I hope the mods came to the rescue and sorted this out - shocking description of initial customer support leaving someone vunerable at risk.

0 Ratings
dorkus
Message 9 of 9

I know the feeling well, same problem, they really need to get their act together
0 Ratings