cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cliffuk
Message 1 of 5

extension line fault

Hi, I have installed a new phone extension line from my BT master socket. It works for a while & then the. I loose the line. When i remove the bottom of the master socket box & test throught the test socket all is well again until I put it all back together . The I get "no line" again. I have replaced the bottom of the master socket , thinging this was the problem again it works for 2-3 days then I loose the line again

Any suggestions please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: extension line fault

@cliffuk wrote:

Hi, I have installed a new phone extension line from my BT master socket. It works for a while & then the. I loose the line. When i remove the bottom of the master socket box & test throught the test socket all is well again until I put it all back together . The I get "no line" again. I have replaced the bottom of the master socket , thinging this was the problem again it works for 2-3 days then I loose the line again

Any suggestions please?

Leave it plugged into the test socket for a week and see if it fails, I assume that you have your extension plugged into the front of the master socket at the moment?

0 Ratings
cliffuk
Message 3 of 5

No I wired it to connection 2 & 5 in the base of the master socket. I have had to disconnect the extension

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@cliffuk wrote:

No I wired it to connection 2 & 5 in the base of the master socket. I have had to disconnect the extension

Fine, it is connected internally to the phone socket and pins 2 & 5.

Keep it plugged into the test socket, and see if it still fails.

Also, try a different phone, in case its an intermittent fault within the phone, or its connecting cord.

0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

Reconnect your extension and run a line test on this site, your extension socket may have a loop condition, aka short on it.

0 Ratings