cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 13

fibre to phone still not working after 8 days

Hi everyone I new here but could do with some advice,

First of all I had fibre optic broadband fitted on the 13th Nov and also fibre to the phone, the broadband works fine but the phone didn't the engineer called bt and he was advised it will be up and running a few hours, anyway left it till the 14th but as you can guess still not working call bt from my pay as yo go mobile got told a fault has been raised should be fixed within 24 hours, you all guest right again not working, had an email through stating that it should be fixed by the 20th as you can imagine I'm not happy phone bt again from my paygo mobile only to be pushed from pillar to post and never getting any answers, cut off several times now Wed 18th phoned bt where a person stated that an engineer will be with me on the 19th and he may require access to my property also on the same day 18th I had a call from a openreach engineer who picked up the fault he asked if he could come take a look I thought great something is happening he arrived and **bleep** me he was not trained on fibre only copper anyway he did go to the exchange up the road to see if he could get my copper one working but no there was even a new number on the copper it had a dial tone but couldn't make or receive calls so the engineer left saying that if bt said an engineer would be out the next daythen leave it till then , so I had to take the next day of work, now the 19th arrives stayed in all day and at 2PM I phone bt from my paygo mobile where I was told an engineer is at the site, I asked where as I'm at the address and no one is here, he then changed his mind and said he is at the exchange working on it, by this time I am loosing it, he then stated that that was all the information he can give so I hung up.

Friday 20th arrived and I got a call from the person who said an engineer would be out the Thursday he was checking if it was complete I said no he said leave it with him, he phoned back and said he will chance it up and call me on Monday, now Saturday 21st I call bt again from my payg mobile only to be told that a new fault has been open and to wait till the 25th.

Surely there must be someone somewhere who can help I have spent nearly 55 pounds on my mobile and lost 53 pounds for the day I had to take of work when the engineer didn't turn up.

Someone please advise me what to do.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: fibre to phone still not working after 8 days

if your internet is working and you have a smartphone then you can use smarttalk app and make calls over your wifi as if you were making them from your home phone  so if you have the anytime phone package then you can use smarttalk to make your calls and save you money

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Hi thanks for the reply no I don't have a smartphone as stated in my post I only have a pay as you go cheap phone wish I could afore one.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

there is nothing that says you don't have a smartphone all you say is your mobile is PAYG - so is mine but it is a smartphone S5

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

I have a Nokia 6300 pay go I think does that help

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 13

Presumably you are a FTTP , fibre to the premises customer, and have got FVA , fibre voice access, the telephony uses your broadband rather that the traditional copper pair back to the exchange (coz you don't have a copper pair back to the exchange)

As it's quite rare , FVA , then the normal fault reporting number / customer service reps will get you nowhere ,don't you have a specific  telephone number  to report FTTP/FVA problems to ?

dunno if this link helps

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39361/~/video--how-to-activate-your-fibre-home-phone-...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

try this number they may be able to help you FTTP number (0800 587 4787)
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

They have given je number what so ever all I get told is someone is working on it that was Wednesday I will try the number you gave me tomorrow see if that helps I'm just getting annoyed as its costing me a fortune from y Nokia 6300 it costs me about 4 pounds just to get through anyway I will try that number tomorrow think you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

0800 numbers should now be part of your inclusive minutes of your mobile calling plan
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

No as I top up my Nokia 6300 I don't have a monthly plan s I only keep my phone for emergency use I will giveth 0800 number try thx

0 Ratings