Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: flashing orange phone icon

Go to solution

No problem, if its not broke then don`t try to fix it :smileywink:

Please return to the forum if you need help in future.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
peterwt
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Go into Hub Manager and select Advanced Settings - Telephony. If it shows Broadband Talk enabled and you do not want to use it click on "No".

Peter
id
Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Peter - you little wizard - it worked.  Not just disappearing orange icon, blue one too!  Thank you thank you x:heart:  I knew asking on the forum would work out, you lot are a godsend to technology idiots like me.  I am not worthy :smileytongue:

0 Ratings
peterwt
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Hi Aspiring, glad I could help you.

This is the great thing about these forums.

Peter
0 Ratings
stevemelksham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

I'd also like to thank you for the reply. I've had the flashing orange alongwith broadband problems and call quality problems ever since the linstructions for removing the internet phone or you'll be charged letter arrived. Removing this failed. When I got through to BT I was told that I didn't have to worry as it didn't matter as I'd never used it. The fact the there is a green or orange flashing light told me otherwise. Now I've removed it myself from the hub, the phone light is out (as it should be as the regular phone line is nothing to do with the broadband, the clue is in the word splitter!)

I wonder how many people BT will be overcharging who believe that they have removed this service?

It makes you wonder.

Thanks again, I'll still be checking my bill even though forced to have the paper copy removed!

0 Ratings