Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cookie6789
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

help please

Go to solution

I am having trouble with my phone! If u ring from outside it comes up with the engaged tone. I have unplugged and 're plugged the phones in but there is no dailing tone. The internet is working. I have done a test on the line and by says it's fine and the problem is inside the property. I have checked the main socket but it is still the same

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: help please

Go to solution
Did you try the test socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
artful42
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Remove the faceplate from your master socket this should disconnect any internal wiring, here you'll find the test socket as imjolly states, test with your phone in there. If you can remove your phone and get another line test run. The master socket with no face plate is the demarcation point from being Openreachs problem to being yours. So basically if it doesn't work in the test socket it is external and you'll need an engineer visit.
0 Ratings
Marc2000
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
If you recently had broadband installed they will have changed your landline number without telling you. Use your landline number to call your mobile to see what number it shows. That's how we found out our phone number had been changed. Before then people would ring us and the line would constantly be engaged!
0 Ratings
cookie6789
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you I have tested the main socket and its still the same. I will request an engineer. I was slightly confused as the internet is working?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
internet can still run at reduced speed even when there is a voice fault
0 Ratings