cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mini_stella
Message 1 of 12

help wit setting up caller display

Hi,

I have looked around to see if I can resolve this issue on my own, however I have drawn a blank.
My package includes BT home privacy with gives caller display free, however our BT Graphite phones, which are caller display compatable, do not show caller display on incomming calls, instead they just dispaly 'call 1' even if the number is in my phonebook.

Unfortunatly I think in need to set it up on the phones, however I have missed placed our handbook for the phone!! can any one either,
1) Tell me how to activate caller display
                  OR

2) Post a link to an on-line version of the hand book for BT Graphite Phones.

Thanks for your help

Mini_stella

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: help wit setting up caller display

Hi mini_stella welcome to the forums.

Try following link for user guide.

EDIT    Sorry the link didn't work, will try again

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-graphite-2100-twin-cordless-phone-73LB.html?src=2

Click description  then user guide.

Or you could try this,  posted by Devon_Dave

Try dialling *#234# you will get an automated message saying if numbers will be displayed

Hope this helps

Patty-L

mini_stella
Message 3 of 12

Hummm, no luck there in the handbook, thanks for the link though! Smiley Very Happy

Think i'll have to bite the bullet and phone a call center. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 12

@mini_stella wrote:

My package includes BT home privacy with gives caller display free, however our BT Graphite phones, which are caller display compatable, do not show caller display on incomming calls, instead they just dispaly 'call 1' even if the number is in my phonebook.

This looks like a missed call. They are numbered, so you can see at a glance if you have missed any calls and how many; you have to scroll down to see the number(s) or name(s). A caller's number or name is only be displayed automatically while the phone is actually ringing.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 12

Can you try dialling *#234# you should get an announcement saying if caller is or is not active
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 12

@mini_stella wrote:

Hi,

I have looked around to see if I can resolve this issue on my own, however I have drawn a blank.

Unfortunatly I think in need to set it up on the phones, however I have missed placed our handbook for the phone!! can any one either,
1) Tell me how to activate caller display
                  OR

2) Post a link to an on-line version of the hand book for BT Graphite Phones.

Thanks for your help

Mini_stella

Hi.

Which Graphite phone have you got ? There are a variety of different ones, so they may have different display options and methods of access.

0 Ratings
philipw
Message 7 of 12

Hi

I am having problems with caller id my new panasonic cordless phones even though my BT package includes this feature. I see others on the forum have a similar problem - any ideas ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 12

Have you tried dialling *#234# and see waht announcement you get?

Have you tried the phone direct into the test point of your main telephone socket shown below?NTE 5 Backplate.jpg

If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
philipw
Message 9 of 12

Hi

The message is "caller ids will not be displayed". 

I tried plugging into teh test socket as you suggest but it had no effect ...

Any more ideas ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 12

If you are getting that announcement, the facility has not been provided on your line

0 Ratings