cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S_Gardner
Message 1 of 6

home move failure

My mother (aged 84) moved house on 19 December and applied for her BT line to be transferred. That I cannot call her, and that she cannot call for help if necessary, is a cause of considerable anxiety, and positively dangerous. Here we are on 11 January and BT have still not got her line working, despite endless phone calls from me and my sister. Each time the BT assistant comes up with a different explanation. Last week, after being transferred from one assistant to another for 60+ minutes, the line simply dropped. This contemptibly bad service is due to the way that BT structures its customer service department: the priority of each individual is to deflect the enquiry, and not to take responsibility for solving the problem; no case notes logging the problem are kept on the computer. Has anyone else had similar experience?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: home move failure

Hi S_Gardner,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting!

Sorry it's taking so long to get your Mum's line transferred over to her new house.  I can appreciate how important it is for her to have a working service.

You can send us the details as we can check what's causing the hold up and help get things sorted from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Normally we deal with each case as we receive them in turn however I can make an exception in this case due to the circumstances.  Whenever you have completed the form, post back with "details sent" (or something along those lines without posting the reference number) and I'll get it picked up from here.

All the best,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
S_Gardner
Message 3 of 6

I've sent an email with all of the details.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

this may help for future  http://www.bt.com/includingyou/redesign2012/assets/downloads/FreePriorityFaultRepair.pdf

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
S_Gardner
Message 5 of 6

Thank you. So BT are aware that older & disabled people are vulnerable. A pity that it requires a form to be sent off for and then certification from a GP or hospital consultant.

After posting today, the Forum Moderator responded quickly and I was informed me that the line had been fixed. Unfortunately this is simply not the case - my mother's line still has a 'number out of service' block on it. I think BT is appalling.

0 Ratings
S_Gardner
Message 6 of 6

Hi Robbie - I assume that it was you I spoke to this afternoon over the phone, and who told me that the line had been fixed? This is not the case. My mother's number still results in 'out of service' message. Nor does the 'temporary number' that she was given work.

0 Ratings