cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dagon
Message 1 of 6

landline installation query

i have chronic OCD and can't have anyone but me in my flat, but I want broadband, there is already a phone socket in the flat that has never been a live line, would an engineer need to be in my flat to complete the installation process?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: landline installation query

Impossible to say, but , if they attempt to activate the socket remotely and that doesn't work, then access would be required to get the line working....if you don't accept an appointment , then I doubt they would proceed, and if you accepted the appointment , but with the intention of refusing access should it be needed , then they would probably charge you for the missed appointment , as well as not having service
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

If the line has been off for 6 months or more then you would need an Installation Appointment.

The Engineer would need Access to tone the line back from the NTE. If you don’t let him/her in then they’d just send it back Access Refused. That’ll then go around in circles to the point it annoys the local area Manager and they’ll then just refuse to Engineers full stop.
0 Ratings
dagon
Message 4 of 6

thanks for the reply, i have no intention of going ahead if it can't be done i really don't like messing anyone about, just hoped it could be.
is it possible to "tone the line" via some sort of extension cable i could plug into the socket and run to my flat door? apologies if this is a stupid suggestion, I'm just searching for a solution. thanks in advance
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Would it make your situation easier if you were not home for the engineer ? It's not a requirement for you the account holder to be present, anyone over the age of 18 years can be there and that person can't leave the property during the visit.
Perhaps a trusted friend or family member could take your place, leaving you to occupy your time elsewhere 🙂

0 Ratings
dagon
Message 6 of 6

sadly not, but I appreciate the thought,
0 Ratings