cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hankwen
Message 1 of 2

landline noise, severely affecting internet

My landline for my family's business has encountered noise frequently on the past month. We have already have an engineer check it a few weeks back but this was when line wanted to become normal again but then start the noise a couple hours after the engineer leaves.
We have made the appropriate checks in our house and have tried corded phones in the test point proving it is not related to my equipment after the socket and it is a fault on the line.

The problem stopped for a while but has started up again. It may be due to damp wires after reading around the forum and noticing that it rained the previous night.

I would try to use the phone system again but it is always the same procedure that takes too long to fix without any progression from the previous call and the last thing I want is another call ending in an engineer coming and finding "no" issues when there is an absolutely a problem after being identified by multiple customer service operators from bt as they can hear the noise.

Could a mod or someone speed up the process of fixing this issue by relaying the information I have given to an engineer to fix?

Also, I can't seen to create a bt id account. The landline number and account number are both unrecognised by the bt website even though the statements sent by bt display these details.
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: landline noise, severely affecting internet

@hankwen wrote:
My landline for my family's business has encountered noise frequently on the past month. We have already have an engineer check it a few weeks back but this was when line wanted to become normal again but then start the noise a couple hours after the engineer leaves.
We have made the appropriate checks in our house and have tried corded phones in the test point proving it is not related to my equipment after the socket and it is a fault on the line.

The problem stopped for a while but has started up again. It may be due to damp wires after reading around the forum and noticing that it rained the previous night.

I would try to use the phone system again but it is always the same procedure that takes too long to fix without any progression from the previous call and the last thing I want is another call ending in an engineer coming and finding "no" issues when there is an absolutely a problem after being identified by multiple customer service operators from bt as they can hear the noise.

Could a mod or someone speed up the process of fixing this issue by relaying the information I have given to an engineer to fix?

Also, I can't seen to create a bt id account. The landline number and account number are both unrecognised by the bt website even though the statements sent by bt display these details.

If this is a business line you would need to. post on the BT Business forum. This forum is for residential services only.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

If it is a business line then this might have something to do with not being able to create the BT account

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings