Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
trinity
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

line is apparently fixed, but the out of service message is still on the line

Go to solution

hi all, i need a bit of help here cos i am new. my elderly inlaws phone line developed a fault last week. when we reported the fault i had the 'out of service' message activated so the family would know that they were fine and not just 'unable' to get to the phone so as not to cause a panic.  the engineers have said today that its been fixed, but when we phone them, we are still getting the 'out of service' message. i have done another fault check on the line (independant of the 'known' fault) and i am being asked for contact details so an engineer can contact me when they have investigated a line fault. does the 'out of service' message automatically turn off when a fault is fixed, and if so does the fact that it hasn't been, mean that there is still a fault? i am reluctant to press the 'accept as fixed' button if infact it has not been fixed, or should i press the 'not fixed reopen fault' button because of being told that they need contact details to investigate a 'line fault' on the new 'check the line for a fault' i did.

sorry if its a bit confusing, it is baffling me.

thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Reed_Richards
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: line is apparently fixed, but the out of service message is still on the line

Go to solution

think the out-of-service message is turned off by the engineer after she/he fixes the line.  So maybe this was forgotten?

0 Ratings
trinity
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Re: line is apparently fixed, but the out of service message is still on the line

Go to solution

so, if this is the case, how could i solve it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Dial #21#. That will solve it.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
trinity
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

thanks for an answer, will give it a try when we can actually tell them about it.

0 Ratings
trinity
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

thank you for the 'fix'Woman Very Happy. we decided to make a late night mad dash to get to the inlaws before they locked the door for the night. we made it. i tentatively picked up the receiver and dialed #21#, a female voice told me that the 'recorded message had been cancelled'. it worked, fantastic. we went home absolutley exhausted. i should have waited and gone through to see them this morning. no sooner had we got through the front door, than the phone rang.....my mother in law was on the phone. "just checking that it was still working love" was what i heard over the phone Woman Sad.................and EVERY HALF AN HOUR UNTIL 6.30 THIS MORNINGWoman MadWoman Frustrated. but thank you for the fix. you've made my inlaws very very happy. maybe now she can phone someone elseWoman Wink. Woman LOL

0 Ratings