cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notleypaul
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

master socket 5c wiring

I have accidently yanked the wires out of the back of my bt master socket 5c box and have no idea where they go. I've tried watching YouTube videos but nothing I've tried so far works. the 4 wires I have available are solid blue, white with blue stripes,  solid orange, white with orange stripes. inside the master socket there are 5 ports- one plug with a & b, and another with 2,3 and 5. would hugely appreciate it if someone can save me having to pay someone to fix it. any ideas? thanks in advance

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: master socket 5c wiring

@notleypaul 

Who do you pay for your line rental, as the socket belongs to Openreach, not BT Retail?

0 Ratings
notleypaul
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I pay BT for landline and broadband
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

The incoming line would go to a&b. You should then get dial tone if you plug a phone in. I would expect the colours to be blue/white-blue, as that is the first in the colour sequence. The next would be orange/white-orange.

Any extension wiring would go to the terminal block terminals 2+5 as shown in blue. The arrow shows the test socket.

5c_3.-extension and test socketjpg.jpg

0 Ratings
notleypaul
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for this, will try it on my lunch break. It did seem like there was some of the white and blue plastic sheath left in the number 5 port from when I'd yanked it out,which seems odd now. The master socket is the only socket in my house-no extensions.
0 Ratings