cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
clarkj
Message 1 of 6

moving an existing phone number to a carehome

Hello, my partners elderly mother recently moved into a care home. There is a phone line in the room in the home she has moved into. We asked BT to move her old number to the Carehome, we were told this would take three weeks.

We have waited three weeks but found out by going to the 'My BT account > my orders' that the order has been cancelled? There is no further information and we have no idea how to get in touch with BT to find out more.

This is all made the more difficult as his mother is on a Scottish island whilst we are on the mainland.

Can anyone give us some help as we have no idea who to contact next?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES
-Richie-
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: moving an existing phone number to a carehome

Speak to the connections team and see why the order was cancelled, once you know the reason it can be recovered or resubmitted and hopefully not fail.

0 Ratings
clarkj
Message 3 of 6

ok thanks any idea hw to get in touch with them?

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Hi @clarkj,

Are both properties on the same exchange ?

0 Ratings
clarkj
Message 5 of 6

Hi there - thanks for your help, we have just been told there are no extra lines so thats the end of that i think!

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

@clarkjwrote:

Hi there - thanks for your help, we have just been told there are no extra lines so thats the end of that i think!

You can ask for a line to be installed, if you want the service then it can be provided.

0 Ratings