cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stanley38
Message 1 of 3

moving home?

So been given short notice of being moved by council and I phoned bt to place moving home order. Stupid me gave wrong house number. I realised and called back to cancel within 4hrs. Both cancelling agent and email conformation stated cancellation would take 24hrs.
Rang back after 24hrs to replace order with correct house number. Agent "was told by Openreach" that because a wrong house number was given on original order that it would take a further 4-5 days to cancel. So now left waiting for a further 4-6 days(weekend included) to be called back.
How is it possible that cancelling an order will take 4-5 days longer if wrong house number was stated? It's the same thing, just different address.
I realised and cancelled mistake within 4hrs for goodness sake. Openreach just need to cancel any engineer appointment, and maybe shoot letters of mistaken address to any other provider, and occupant at the wrong address.

Starting services were a fiasco over Xmas last year. Promised connection dates moved back twice.
Starting to realise why forums don't provide good reviews of bt service.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: moving home?

Hi @stanley38

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having getting the order cancelled.  This isn't something the community is going to be able to help with so you can send us over your details and we'll give you a hand from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
stanley38
Message 3 of 3

Re: moving home?

Thanks ROBBIEMAC. Have used the link to send info through to mods.
0 Ratings