cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

my bt land line has not been working for over two weeks, it rings on line when answered

My bt land line has not been working for about couple of weeks, phone rings call display lights up with number, but when you answer it all you can hear is ringing on the line and the person ringing just has a ringing tone. If you try to make a call no dailing tone.

I have put new modem in, tried a new cordless and a new corded phone, all the same.

My broadband and tv are working fine, not bt broadband.

When i rang BT for help all they are interested in is getting me to agree to a call out fee

any suggestions apprecited.

Thank you

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: my bt land line has not been working for over two weeks, it rings on line when answered

You would only be charged if its your fault.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12439/c/

If you can see the fault while plugged into the test socket, then it going to be outside of your house, most likely an exchange fault.

You will just have to report it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Re: my bt land line has not been working for over two weeks, it rings on line when answered

if you are not a BT broadband customer then you need to contact your current ISP to get your phone fixed  your current ISP will contact openreach who are responsible for repairing your line.  There is no connection from this forum to openreach anymore than your current ISP - report fault to them

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

As @imjolly has said, it could be a fault with the ISPs broadband equipment which is stopping the call being answered.

If your phone service is provided by BT Retail, then that is who you need to report it to.

0 Ratings