cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

new installation

We booked an installation of a landline, extension and broadband.  Informing them there was no overhead cable to the property.  They agreed to the installation on 20th.  The engineer arrived and said "you haven't got a landline, it will be a 2 man job, the office will contact you on Monday to re-arrange."

We didn't receive a call!

I'm 64 and my husband is 70 with COPD.  We are therefore in lock-down due to Coronavirus.

We have already arranged to have our Virgin line disconnected and have been trying for 2 hours to get through to BT.  They don't say how many are in the queue and after about several minutes the line goes dead.

Can you give me any advice please

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: new installation

I have asked forum mods who are BT employees to see if they can help and they will post here  however they are busy so could take a few days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: new installation

Hi @HelenMG,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. I'm sorry your order has been delayed and that you haven't been able to get through to BT on the phone. With all that has been happening over the last few days, we've been getting a lot more calls than normal.

If you send me in your details, I would like to take a look at what is happening with your order. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings