cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ian9544
Message 1 of 5

no dialling tone

I have been without a dialling tone since 18/7/13, no calls can be made or received. I have called many times on my mobile phone, but to no avail, I have done everything suggested on the BT web page, again a total waste of time and when I ask to be put through to an advisor I am told that ,they are all busy and may have to wait between 20 -30 minutes. This BT helpline has got to be the worst thing on the web, it is just a bad joke. I have been with BT for several decades, but not for much longer as I have had enough !! I am heading down to my bank next week to cancel my direct debit. BT have forgotten about people power, voting with your feet, and the ultimate irony they don't know how to communicate. GOOD RIDDANCE!!! and lets go Virgin.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Blizzard
Message 2 of 5

Re: no dialling tone

I have had the same problem today. I had to stand in a local call box waiting for 20mins before BT helpline condisended to answer. The said remove the front plate on the 'phone socket and plug into the internal socket. That workes and I had to fit an ASDL splitter to make the broadband work. To get the front part of the socket, supplied and fitted by BT replaced, they tell me would involve a £99 call out fee! And to think I left Orange for this! Orange hlpline was worse, but did answer quicker than BT. My contract can be cancelled at the end of the year. Keep up this lack of service and it will be!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

@blizzaard anything after the test socket is your responsibility OPenreach's demarcation point is the test socket
0 Ratings
Blizzard
Message 4 of 5

Openreach supplied the socket. It lasted about 3 months!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

you may get a free replacement but you could be charged
0 Ratings