cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
paulc1956
Message 1 of 6

no incoming calls to landline

I can make outgoing calls on landline but incoming are either invalid number or engaged tone when phone is not being used. on contacting BT they suggest trying another phone which i have but looking at posts this appears to be a porting problem. BT say it is probably internal wiring but we haven't touched wiring except when BT installed superfast broadband. BT say that they may have to charge if engineer comes out but looking at posts on forum this is not an unusual problem and customers are made to jump through various hoops to try to solve problem and sometimes without regaining a working phone line. Customers are not experts in wiring and if they haven't altered wiring why should they have to pay for malfunction? any contributions gratefully received.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: no incoming calls to landline

Welcome to this user forum.

Have you just moved from another provider, if so, which one?

Have you checked your phone number is correct? Dial 17070 and see if you get the correct number read back to you.

0 Ratings
paulc1956
Message 3 of 6

yes we did move from talk talk but phone worked after this transfer as BT phoned themselves offering upgrade. Hace checked number and it is correct.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

This looks like a porting issue.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
paulc1956
Message 5 of 6

That's brilliant, thank you. Keith.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@paulc1956 I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your line after recently transferring to BT.  Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings