cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

no mobiles

Go to solution

Just come to BT from Talk Talk and it appears that no one can now ring my landline from a mobile i can call them i can receive landline calls i can call landlines anyone can anyone help me here seems BT can get here Tuesday  6 days jeeeeezzzzz 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: no mobiles

Go to solution

Hi @terryrat 

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems receiving calls having only just joined us.

In your post, you've mentioned Tuesday have you an appointment for an engineer on that day?

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Are you using the number provided by BT or did you port your TT number? I'm wondering if a number port isn't yet complete or didn't work

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

yes apparently 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

yes same number cant understand why they need to come to the house with all the techno they have now it's not as if its a physical problem is it

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

A visit from an Openreach engineer ( as you already suspect ) isn’t going to achieve much, physically there isn’t a problem, it’s much more likely to be an incomplete or messed up number port ...is the landline number originally a TT number, or was it ported into TT at some point in the past and now to be used ( or reused ) with BT ?
AFAIR there was a long running post on this forum from a ‘new’ BT customer who ported their landline number around various landline providers , and everything worked apart from incoming calls from one particular mobile provider , the last move was also from TT to BT, it appeared ( in basic terms ) that one particular mobile operator was still pushing calls for the landline number into the TT network and that call simply never terminated, the issue either with the mobile operator directing the call to the wrong place ( TT instead of BT )  , or TT not ‘rerouting’ the call towards BT when they received it, either way it was the mobile operator or TT at fault, and nothing the consumer or BT could do to get them to deal with the issue , both presumably taking the view ‘ not our customer, not our problem’.

I don’t think it was ever satisfactorily resolved....number porting seems to be something of a dark art , and in your case , if calls made on networks BT are responsible for can successfully terminate, but calls from other networks cannot, then although you ‘pay’ BT for a service, there isn’t really anything BT can do about a data error in another network operators systems.
Chances are it’s not all mobile networks affected, if possible you may want to try and arrange calls from EE, Vodafone , O2 ( and possibly 3 ) mobiles to see if it’s affecting all of these, ‘virtual’ mobile network operators like Virgin piggy back on the main 3 ( or 4 ) operators , so you shouldn’t have to consider them, unless it’s a particular mobile you have noticed the problem on, if they are a virtual operator you may have to find out who supply’s their underlying network

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
the last line was Talk talk there was no problem porting from Virgin for both our mobiles but it seems strange that going from TT to BT the problem has occurred as for mobiles ours are with 3 and a friend is EE it was him who first alerted it to us the LL here can ring out to mobiles
Well whilst writing this i checked my mobile to LL and it now works
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Previously successful moves between providers unfortunately don’t prove much, it could simply be delayed network updates, so this issue may just ‘disappear’ , or it may be more involved, your mobile provider is 3 ( and apparently working ) whilst your friend on EE ( which is BT owned anyway ) wasn’t and maybe still isn’t.

Number port problems don’t affect outgoing calls , so it’s not surprising that you can call your mobile, but what cannot be dismissed is if TT ( the company you left ) is still involved in some incoming calls from certain mobile operators , although TBH not likely to be involved if EE is the company with issues.

If calls are now OK from ‘3’ ask your friends to try again from EE, it may be already sorted

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

he is actually O2 so we will try that  now we have managed and alls well just need to cancel visit 

0 Ratings