Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meggy
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

phone fault

Go to solution

Hello - really I do not want help on this subject but I have been trying for the last hour to find the place where to post a new question. It says near the top of the board (Phone in my case) there is a 'new to click on but I can't find one so as a last resort I am posting it on here and hope some kind person will get in touch and tell me what I should have done.

We have BT2500 phone (2 handsets) and we cannot send or receive calls at all. I managed to get it reported on line late last night but have now received an automated response saying they hope to begin investigating soon - probably a local exchange problem - hopefully by Friday night it will be fixed.  However we are senior citizens - i.e. old pensioners - who rely on the phone for doctors and emergency calls particularly at night and we wanted to speak to somebody at Bt. With no phone we do not know how to put our situation to the right person can anyone here help>

kind regards............Meggy

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: phone fault

Go to solution

Hi meggy,

I've moved your post to start your own thread. 

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your BT account details and we'll find out whats happening with the fault on your line. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
meggy
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you very much - I will now have a go at using the contact link......kind regards Meggy
0 Ratings
meggy
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Dear NeilO

Many thanks for all your help. I am glad to say that this afternoon not only did we get the telephone repaired but also around 5.30 the Broadband connection was fixed so at last we CAN 'find the server'....... what a relief.

Probably because we are no longer able to get our and about very much the internet and telephone have become our safety net - particularly at night.

So many, many thanks for the help given to us by you regarding this last problem we had but also to the other community members who have been so kind with advice and suggestions since we joined the Community Forum. It is very true that often a tip from somebody who had had the same problem answers many people with the same thing.

Once again our sincere thanks..........Meggy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6
Moved:

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6
Moved:

Re: Broken phone line