cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bannock
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

phone line not working on new fibre to premises connection

Does anyone have an email contact address for the fibre to the premises team that works? I have no working phone line (and have not had for 10 days now), although the broadband works. We have no mobile signal here. Before the outgoing call facility was removed, I did try phoning the fibre team but was disconnected twice after a 90 minute wait. This makes me loath to drive miles to sit on top of the nearest hill in the snow trying the same thing calling on my pathetic mobile signal (which is the only way we get a mobile signal here).

The situation is that I finally got my fibre broadband to the premises after a delay of eight months from the order being accepted. Because he was unable to switch the phone line over immediately, the engineer configured it so that I could make outgoing calls but I wouldn't be able to receive incoming calls until the number was switched over.  This didn't happen, and after a week, the facility to make outgoing calls also stopped working.The line now just sounds open, and there are no lights on the Tel indicators on the router.

When I try using the online fault reporting facility, I'm told my phone number is invalid, and when I check the original broadband order it shows as completed successfully. As we have no working landline, no mobile signal, and the fibre to the premises team only accept phone calls, I have no way to contact them.

Does anyone have an email contact address that works? Or even a postal address that would reach the right team?

Thanks iin anticipation

Bannock

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: phone line not working on new fibre to premises connection

Call the FTTP team using something like Skype which is VOIP.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Bannock
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: phone line not working on new fibre to premises connection

Thanks for the suggestion.

I had considered buying a Skype handset for that, but before I waste money on a device I wouldn't otherwise want to use, has anyone got an email address? It seems ludicrous that there is no way of contacting the team using email. All I want to do is to tell them there's a problem with the phone line. It's nothing that I can change at this end, the phones were working for outgoing calls and nothing has altered with them.

Bannock

0 Ratings