cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chichi
Message 1 of 6

phone socket box broken.

My phone stopped working. I replaced it with a brand new telephone but it still isnt working. The problem is therefore from the bt socket box.

How do I get this fixed please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gspearson
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: phone socket box broken.

It could be anything - (from another, phone 150 and report it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

@chichi wrote:

My phone stopped working. I replaced it with a brand new telephone but it still isnt working. The problem is therefore from the bt socket box.

How do I get this fixed please?

You can ring 0800 800 151 from another phone, or a mobile, assuming you are a BT Retail customer.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Apologies - it should be 151 or as @Keith_Beddoe has it. I commented too early in the morning!

Geoff

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @chichi can you try connecting your phone to the test socket by removing the faceplate to see if that works?

test socket.jpg

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Yeah, it must be the socket because the entire U.K. Communications Network consists of just that one little white box on the wall.
0 Ratings