@pal52 wrote:

hello

yes two sets of wires:-

one to extension upstairs

one to sky tv phone extension

both are working ok when plugged into test socket

any further help would be appreciated

peter

Then that is the problem, its not a faulty faceplate. Not sure who told you that it was faulty.

Really, the simplest way to fix this problem, provided that you are happy to have the home hub near the master socket, is to get the filtered faceplate.

This would stop anything on the extensions, from interfering with the broadband.

Otherwise, all that extension wiring is going to upset your broadband, even with microfilters fitted, interference can still be picked up.

I hope that you have got a microfilter in the lead to your Sky TV phone line, and every extension phone? Otherwise that would be causing your problem.

Nothing to do with the faceplate at all.

0 Ratings
pal52
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Re: phone sockets

hello again

it was actually an operator at bt helpline that went through a test check and she said it was the faceplate.

So you reckon that the dual faceplate would fix the problem!

Are they easy to fit and wire up

peter

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 16

Well the quality of the advice from the help desk is somewhat variable, it depends on which way the wind is blowing :smileywink:

In your case, the ADSL filtered faceplate would almost certainly fix your problem.

The faceplate simply pushes on as it has a phone plug on the back which mates with the test socket. You then just secure it in place using the two screws.

If your extension wiring has a phone plug on the end, then you simply plug it into the "phone" outlet. Your Home Hub lead has a small plug on the end, which plugs into the small broadband (ASDL) socket.

If you extension wiring is simply bare wires, then they connect to the back of the new faceplate, before you insert it.

I think in your case, the extensions are on a plug.

0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 16

I'm a bit lost here, Daven_dave said;

'Do have any wires attached to the rear of the removable front plate? If you do these wires will be going off to other sockets in the house.'

And you said;

'yes two sets of wires:-

one to extension upstairs

one to sky tv phone extension

both are working ok when plugged into test socket'

How are you plugging them into the test socket?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 16

I suspect that these wires (cables) are plugged into the front socket of the front plate, have you tried in plugging each cable one at a time to see if the problem goes, as I have previously said front plates very rarely go faulty unless they get damp and then corode. There is no electronic components inside just a small circuit board with a small copper track.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings