Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
shelly74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

phoneline problem

I have been with BT since 19th September 2011 and have had nothing but problems with my landline, 13 engineers out to try and fix it in all.  Last Friday i picked up my phone and could hear someone working on it.  Since then i get a dead tone then silent then i get tone back and really bad crackling. I rang BT on Monday and asked for a line check was told it is a network fault. Surely BT would know of this?  My contract ends in March so i  contacted another provider and they said they can give me a new line. Cant take this issue anymore. Will they need to come to my home is it is a network fault?

Many thanks Smiley Mad

Spoiler

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: phoneline problem

You will have to take the issue up with your new service provider, as it will have nothing to do with BT then.

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

If you want your current problems with your BT line sorted, then.

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you, and take personal ownership.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings