cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scarle
Message 1 of 3

problem

I have one line to my house. I also have three phones, two are dead no line at all. only one works-Can someone advise on a solution to this please?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: problem

do you mean phones or extension sockets
0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: problem

Your service provider is only responsible for your line upto the master(first) socket, and other sockets or extensions are your responsibility , so if your line works ok at one socket it's reasonable to assume that's the master socket, if you want the other sockets to work you could ask BT to fix them but it would be expensive, or fix them yourself (it's not complicated) or use a third party , lots of ex BT engineers and sparkys can do this for a fee
If you have 3 phones unless you pay rental for them ,they are your property and if they stop working you would just buy some new ones, obviously check it's the phone or sockets that are the problem, before buying new phones
I'm assuming here that the phones are plug in type phones and not ancient hard wired ones, if they are hard wired (unlikely not been installed like that for decades) you would need converting to plug and sockets
If you only have 1 socket and 3 cordless phones and only one works then you may need to buy some new phones
0 Ratings