cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GameFreak01048
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 31

"Fault In My Phone Line" Been told to wait until the end of June??

Here's the whole story.

I recently moved house into a new build that has a fibre phone line connected to an exchange (This was confirmed with the manager at the site)

The account holder (my mum) told BT we had moved and we wanted to switch our services over to the new address.

The BTHub 5 router came and I plugged it all in ready to go and obviously the yellow broadband light came on because the service is not active.

Rang BT and they said "there is a fualt on your line, we'll update you in two weeks"

Rang two weeks later and they said wait another 2 weeks.

Rang another two weeks later and they said wait a week.

Rang after waiting for 6 weeks and I was told that there is a fault in the line and the issue is with the contractors and the repair will be completed by the end of June.

Here's where it gets weird; the whole time BT couldn't keep their story straight, they sometimes said "we will have you connected this week" sometimes "We have to dig up the whole road to place a line" and sometimes "Oh that's strange...you should be connected by the end of the month" Why can't they keep their story straight? Sounds like a big lie to me.

Furthermore, how come when I check my line with EE, Sky and PlusNet and put in my postcode and address they all say "We can give you these packages, call our advisors to get setup"

Not only that but my neighbours are connected to the same exchange as me and they all have a landline and broadband.

This is starting to get really frustrating, the account holder is tempted to move to Sky because waiting this long for a phone line and broadband is rediculous.

Any help will be very appreciated.

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 31

Re: "Fault In My Phone Line" Been told to wait until the end of June??

do you have a modem in your home like this   if so what colour are the lightsFTTP modem.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
GameFreak01048
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 31

I have a small white modem underneath the Hub5 router but there is only the power and LAN 1 green LED's on (just the modem acknowledging the connection to the Hub) and the only other light is on the Hub 5 router and the BroadBand light is solid yellow because the line is not activated. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 31

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post there contact link here
0 Ratings
GameFreak01048
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 31

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 31

Hi @GameFreak01048,

I am sorry to hear that your service isn't working at your new address. I'll be able to help you get back online. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
GameFreak01048
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 31

Right i've contacted the mods about this, hopefully something can be done soon.

Thanks Paddy.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 31

you are in a queue of others waiting for mod help and as everyone thinks there problem is a priority the mods reply in order emails are received to ensure everyone treated equally.  at present due holiday weekend and number of referrals it is taking about 5/7 working days for modds to contact you either by phone or email  once contacted they will take personal responsibility yntil resolved

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
GameFreak01048
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 31

So BTCare contacted me and first they very kindly told me that work is to be completed OK that's fine....the phone fault that was raised was classified as completed, got a phone call today and was told I have to wait until the 7th of July because apparently there is no line from my house to the exchange....at all...

BTCare are very helpful no doubt, but BT as an ISP is **bleep** useless, completely unacceptable, biggest bull**** known to man, I have a right mind to grab the rubbish "BTHub5" and crush it to smithereens...this is so frustrating, I am completely astounded by the sheer uselessness that is British Telecommunications...

But anyway thanks to BTCare's Debbie and Kevin for helping and telling the truth about this all, they are very helpful people no doubt.

0 Ratings
GameFreak01048
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 31

I've made a new discovery, BT are saying that there is no line from my house to the cabinet on my main road but I can see it hanging out of my house and its looped over itself sort of thing, looks like it comes out of the grey cover then goes back in again and a white cable next to it goes into the house so there is a line I think.

I can contact my site's manager for conformation and if that Kevin guy from BTCare that rang me before, who said he is personally dealing with my issue now, rings me again I can ask him to contact the person who manages my new build site to confirm that there is in fact a line and then OpenReach won't have a leg to stand on really.

Is there any way for a mod to get BTCare to ring me again? That would be very very helpful 🙂

Also can someone please explain this cable? It says "Property of BT PLC" on it, surely that's my line?

Thank you very much to everyone who has replied to this issue (also apologies for my last post, no broadband is becoming unbearable, if it can be removed I would be grateful)

Thanks 🙂

IMG_20160514_141458~2.jpg 

0 Ratings