cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 31

Re: "Fault In My Phone Line" Been told to wait until the end of June??

Hi @GameFreak01048,

It's possible those cables don't go anywhere or haven't been connected closer to the network. It's something that will need looked into. Kevin will be in later this afternoon. I've already emailed him to let him know you were in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
GameFreak01048
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 31

Ah I see OK, the white cable does go into the house and when I remove a false white plate off of the wall that looks like a mains plug but without slots, a white cable was visible and at the end it had white wires coming out of it, looked like the main Ethernet port that an OpenReach engineer will have to attach to the main socket that say OpenReach on it.

I have contacted my site managers as well about this and they would have contacted me soon, they should be able to confirm if a !one exists or not.

Thank you very much for your help 🙂

Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 31

The Black cable is the underground cable from the street cab to your premises. The white cable should be connected to the black cable. Can you confirm if this is the case.There should normally be a grey connection block terminal situated above the grey capping. can you check to see what your neighbours have?
Looks to me that the cable infrastructure is incomplete.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
GameFreak01048
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 31

I don't think those two cables are connected but yes it does look a bit incomplete, my neighbours have the same thing I have except the cables that can be seen on my house are covered by a grey cap, but yes it does look incomplete, i'll have to get back onto my housing estate managers about this.

Thanks for everyone's help so far 🙂

0 Ratings
GameFreak01048
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 31

After asking my site development manager (Bellway Homes) for information about the cable that can be seen coming out of my house he had this to say;

"Good afternoon Ben,

Just to clarify our situation there is indeed a part of the grey plastic that is missing. This is supplied and fitted by bt open reach and is not the property of Bellway. The Black cable is also the property of openreach and is fitted by their engineers. Bellway only lay the ducting and this is clearly in because the cable could not have been laid any way else.

When the Bt engineer turns up to your property he connects the black cable to the grey cable that enters your property. This was installed by us and goes to the first socket in your property.

This is where Bt will install a faceplate and this is the master socket.

I am confident that Bellway Have installed everything to the correct specification and the responsibility defiantly should fall to open reach."

So the line definitely exists, but OpenReach say it doesn't...this is making more sense by the minute lol,

so the line from my house to the cabinet exists. The line from the cabinet to the exchange exists. So why haven't I been connected yet?

I did have a fault raised and that was marked as completed and repaired..

OpenReach are a very confusing company lol

0 Ratings
GameFreak01048
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 31

Well...I definitely annoyed the site manager, he's ignoring me now, so here's my thoughts on this now;

I think that the best, and most logical, course of action at this point, is if the very helpful person who I have spoken to called Kevin, could contact the site manager himself with an Email asking about this OpenReach New Sites thing because it's all gone a bit cold now and nothing is being done at this stage...as far as I know.

I'm not sure if its acceptable to post an email address on this forum for all eyes to see...probably not the best idea, so if Kevin could give me a call I can share the email address of the site manager with Kevin so that he can contact the manager.

What a nightmare lol.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 31

Hi @GameFreak01048,

You are right, we don't allow personal info, such as email addresses, to be posted here. I've let Kevin know you were in touch. He said he's still chasing it for you and as soon as he has an update he will get in touch with you.

It's non-compliant for us to contact the Openreach New Sites Manager directly so Kevin won't be able to. He'll have to go through the normal channels chasing an update and Openreach will relay the message onto the New Sites team. Ideally, we would be able to contact them direct but we basically aren't allowed.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
GameFreak01048
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 31

Thank you for the response Daniel,

Ah I see OK, I'll hang tight then, I trust Kevin will find a resolution to the matter, everyone at BTCare have been very helpful so far, its amazing though that BT themselves do not offer this much care for their customers, BTCare has almost completely restored my faith in BT lol
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 31

You are very welcome @GameFreak01048.

If you need us to pass anything onto Kevin, please feel free to get in touch here. I personally spoke with Kevin and he said he'll do everything he can to get this sorted for you.

Enjoy your weekend Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
GameFreak01048
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 31

Marvelous!

Over the weekend i'll do a sort of survey in my area and gather information to see my local area's experience with ISP's, its about time OpenReach got clamped down on.

I heard that if for example you report three lines to open reach in one building, three engineers will be sent out for three problems and not just the one lol

Enjoy your weekend too 🙂
0 Ratings