cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 31

Re: "Fault In My Phone Line" Been told to wait until the end of June??

No, 3 engineers would not turn up as this would be classed as a commons fault and would be bundled together for 1 engineer.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 31

Is your property definatly in a fibre to the premises/home development (FTTP/FTTH) ...if it is there should be kit fitted as shown in the photo already posted, or is it a property that is in a FTTC (fibre to the cab) area , so it's a copper cable that enters your house (if it's FTTP it's probably  a blown fibre optic cable /tube), it's not clear what type of service your property has

if it's FTTP then calling the regular BT number probably won't help, you need to speak to the FTTP people, if the BT site stays you can get upto 300Mb it's FTTP , but the developer probably has to let OR known when they can fit the kit and blow a fibre from the node to the property, if it's a normal copper cable for FTTC then the developer is paid to do more work than they have done so far, FTTP should have this type of kit fitted, 

Fttp

0 Ratings
GameFreak01048
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 31

I don't have any BT equipment in my house, only a basic telephone line that is already posted as a picture by myself but now my parents have illogically decided to go with EE now so we'll see what happens, also for the record, its a fibre to the cabinet connection.

I just want to say that I am very grateful for everyone who has helped on this issue, if EE do get me connected then the BT account will be terminated, however I will still be active on this forum until a connection has been established at my home.

Once again thanks to everyone who helped, especially the mods and Kevin at BTCare.

If Kevin would like to chat, I have a new phone so he won't be able to get through to myself, but he can contact the account holder if he wants to discuss what is going to happen next.

Once again thank you to everyone who helped out 🙂
0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 31

Because you said you had a fibre line, the implication is that you were talking about fibre to the premises , you don't have a fibre line, you have a copper line that potentially can have fibre to the cabinet (so not realy a fibre line)

On a new developments, the usual process is the the developer is paid by OR to  install OR ducts and jointboxes to each house, they also get paid to install a master socket in the property (they fit the duct capping and cover (the capping is missing on your photo, so this is a developer error)...OR then either using contractors or own labour put a copper cable in the duct, thru the capping /cover, into your house and terminate it on the socket the builder fitted on the wall, then when you order service all the OR engineer need to do is visit the green street cabinet to give service...now some engineers would do 'extra' work like putting the cable thru the wall and terminating the cable on the socket (even though someone was already paid to have this done) others would just walk away, sometimes though they don't send out an engineer to 'install' the line  they assume the work that should have been done, was done (even if it wasn't done correctly) in these cases it's probably best to report the line as faulty/never worked, rather that chasing the installation teams, chase the faulty line teams

It looks like your developer has done half a job, The OR contractor did half a job (the black cable should be inside the house, not coiled in the duct cover) and if you ever got a visit from a BT installer they never went above and beyond the call of duty

Unfortunately changing provider to EE is no guarantee, as the same people do the work for BT, or EE or Sky, Talk Talk or anyone else

0 Ratings
GameFreak01048
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 31

Yep that's what I was saying to the account holder, but she was very persistent with wanting to go with EE, so it's done now and thats that, all I'm thinking is by the time my house gets connected, I'll be in a place of my own anyway because I'm probably going to be renting out a place early next year, but yeah what you are saying makes perfect sense, so to be honest I've just given up at this point lol.

Thank you for your help though 🙂
0 Ratings
GameFreak01048
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 31

And....back here again!

So we went with EE for a bit...no luck, BT said actually you can't cancel, we have to sort it out so you need to pay us again!

Great. So back to the original issue, OpenReach again.

Can the mods let Kevin know that I really need to talk to him, if he can contact the account holder so that he can get my new number, then contact me so we can talk about this all, that would be great.

I just don't understand, everyone else in my neighborhood is connected, the line exists, the cabinet exists, the exchange exists, its all there, so why the hell is this still an issue?

Note to self: New builds = very bad idea.

Any help on this matter before I lose my sanity would be much appreciated.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 31

Hi @GameFreak01048,

That doesn't sound right to me. I've spoken with Kevin. He'll be taking a look into this for you and he'll be in touch later today after he has spoken with Openreach. In regards to cancelling, if you want to then we can do it. You can discuss all of this with Kevin when he calls you later.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
GameFreak01048
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 31

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for the response, we seriously do not want to cancel otherwise it will take 5 times as long to get broadband, we'll stick with BT I think for now.

Thank you very much for your help today 🙂
0 Ratings
GameFreak01048
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 31

Got an Email from Kevin at BT Care, and he said that OpenReach will have an update on the 7th of July...the 7th of July? WHY!?

Sorry but the house exists, the line exists, the cabinet exists, the exchange exists, everything is ready! Why another month and a bit!?

A child could connect me to the internet at this point.

I have seriously had enough of this, its not difficult to do, everything is there, what is going on!?

OpenReach SERIOUSLY need to step up their game if they want to stay in the business world, this is outrageous.

Will be looking for a way to get the law involved now because this is not fair at all.
0 Ratings
GameFreak01048
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 31

So what's the latest? I hope my new line is nearly sorted or whatever they are doing, probably building a fountain or a smiley face out of telephone lines...

Is there any possibilty that Kevin could ring the account holder associated with this...case or controversy thing please?

Just a bit confused why it takes OpenReach four months to sort....an invisible problem out or whatever, I'm sort of expecting a diamond plated telephone line at this rate lol

But anyway thanks for the help 🙂
0 Ratings