cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wolfatthedoor
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

repeated paging call

I know this has been raised on here before as I was directed to this site after a google search - but I cannot find any reference to it in a search.

For the last day or so, we are getting repeated "paging calls" on my bt landline phone.  The last straw was a call which woke everyone up at about 1am this morning - my daughter is in the middle of some very important exams and we are clearly not best pleased about this.  We switched the phone off at the wall but clearly this is not a solution.

Does anyone have a clue how to sort this out?  Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: repeated paging call

When you say paging calls not sure what you mean, was it an actual incoming call? could you verify this by dialling 1471?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
wolfatthedoor
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Devon Dave, thanks for the response.  The window on my BT phone states "paging call".  Funnily enough (or not so!), it is going off now continuously.  It cannot be verified by dialling 1471 and there is no record of it being the last incoming call.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 11

Ensure that nothing is pressing the page handset button on the base station, make sure everything is clear of the base station. Otherwise poss a fault on the handset, maybe worth changing the batteries as rechargables can some times only last a year or so depending on the quality

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
wolfatthedoor
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Thanks, I will give this a try.  I checked the page button and nothing seems to be interfering with it.  Have given it a press just in case it was sticking.  I replaced the batteries about 3 months ago and they should be OK.  I'll see what the next 24 hours brings.  Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Trevvy
Message 6 of 11

Same problem here.  I have a BT Synergy 4100, no problems with it for about a year or more then suddenly starts beeping at odd times, middle of the night early evening etc. with the message paging call displayed.  Rang the helpline they suggested turning it off for a couple of days and if that didn't work moving the handset to somewhere else as there might be interference.  Tried all of the above, having reconnected an old phone we had knocking around somewhere but no joy.  I don't believe the pagin message is related to calls as this is the standard message that's displayed when you press the button at base of the unit to let you know where the phones are if you've lost them.  Also it still happens when it's still plugged in even when you've removed the telephone line.  So basically I reckon there's a fault with the handset which is probably why we were able to purchase it at half price at the time and it's going in the bin.

0 Ratings
kitten67
Message 7 of 11

all over christmas my phone has been paging it does it in the day and night i have tried all the things that you have suggested and none of them work my phone still is paging. I can not afford a new phone at the moment it is clearly a fault in BT phones if i am not the only one with this fault

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

@kitten67

Welcome to this user forum.

Which phone do you have?

Is this any help Beeping message alert on BT6500 and other phones

0 Ratings
kitten67
Message 9 of 11

I have had my phone for over a year and all it says on it is BT and it is a pair of phones .I have tried new batteries and unplugging it but it is still paging at different times of the day

0 Ratings
Neil1
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

I had a constant beeping and it was, as Keith suggests, a notification that there was an answerphone message.

Have you tried the steps Keith has linked to and checked that you don’t have any messages?

0 Ratings