cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drjotty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

reported fault clear by date come an gone still faulty no updates

tried yesterday, finally got through on echat after 40 minutes today. after 20 minutes of validating who I was was told fault was closed?

yet still open on my bt page?

if closed why has no one contacted me????? silence just more indian excuses.

told they will reopen a new fault.. but doesnt that mean i wont get compensation for the fault being more than a week old.

they then called my mobile

more silence followed by broken accent excuses.

i am not convinced they were actually listening to me and not just following a script?

no one could answer why was the fault not fixed inside the time given, why no one had contacted me, why is it so hard to contact bt.

i cant dial out as i cant break dial tone, bb is slow 

so i am now told to wait another 4 days!! why?

and promised some one will be in touch, what just like last time they promised?

at my wits end as 3rd time this has happened in 12 months. i really should have gone to virgin when i had the chance.

so fault not fixed, promises not kept, no idea what is happening still or what to expect next.

still cant use phone yet am being charged for it

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: reported fault clear by date come an gone still faulty no updates

you can reclaim line rental for each day after the first 3 working days until the service is resumed
it is Openreach's standard response time 3 working days after the day the fault is reported
0 Ratings
drjotty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

but that is just it, if they say the fault is cleared but the fault is not and they just open a new report thay can and have done this repeatedly and just say none of them went over the 4 days !

it has been 9 days so far and when i called they said the fault was cleared on openreach despite it still being open on the mybt page on my log in. the echat said it was closed and opened a new fault i now have to wait another week before he has promised to call me back just like the last guy who never called back.... why if they cleared the fault do they not check with the cuystomer all is okay or even test the bluming line!!!

still have limited braod band and cant dial out

sooooo frustrated as about the 4th time this has happened in 6 months... should have gone with virgin when i could

bt customer service is a wind up

tried emailing but it wants a twitter account name as a red star must fill in box i dont have twitter and they still have not replied to my email complaint from last week

no one in bt customer service gives a flying care

0 Ratings
drjotty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Phone fault *** edited by moderator***

shows as exchange fault reported 14th feb clear by date 17th 

today is 23rd 

I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO BE CHASING THIS BT SHOULD BE CALLING AND APPOLOGISING TO ME AS WHY THEY HAVE NOT FIXED IT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

hi. suggest you delete the fault ref as this is a public forum.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Highlighted
Message 6 of 8

Hi @drjotty thanks for posting and I'm sorry that you are having to chase for updates on the fault.

We will be happy to help you with this. If the fault is still not resolved send us your details and we will keep you updated once we get to you. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
drjotty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

i clicked on you blue name but on the next screen can see no where to contact mods?

oddly customer service just called from my email complaint last week and says as some one is dealing i have to wait till next friday when they will call me back?? i want to know what is being done about it now! he said he could not tell me!

i asked who do i call when no one calls me back on friday as promised again.

he gave me 0800 111 4567 to call but could not explain who they are or what department they are but to tell them and they will call me back! what???????????

i said some one in BT must know if an engineer is assigned or not and what is happening? he put me on hold a long time then said an engineer has until 5pm friday to check the line? eerrr i guessed that myself.

it seems no one in BT has a clue except to fob me off with excuses not to help me

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

0800 111 4567 is broadband faults

as you have a voice line fault it should be 0800 800 1510 with no mention of broadband in the call

the mods contact link looks like this

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings