Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exasperated1
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

still waiting after two weeks for my landline/broadband to be reconnected

Go to solution

still waiting after two weeks for my landline/broadband to be reconnected.

my experience has been that BT's customer service and interface with Openreach is as disconnected as my landline.

Despite numerous and convincing, almoat daily assurances of next day fixes - tomorrow never comes!  I have little confidence that the fault will be fixed tomorrow (Tuesday) as promised, yet again.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: still waiting after two weeks for my landline/broadband to be reconnected

Go to solution

Hi @exasperated1 Sorry to hear that there has been a long delay in fixing the fault the with your services.

You have mentioned that you were told it would be fixed tomorrow and hopefully this will happen. If you send us over your details we won't be able to check this for you by tomorrow but if the fault is not fixed we will be happy to step in and help you. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Perhaps you could give a little more detail , you say you have been waiting 2 weeks to be 'reconnected', is this a fault report, in other words your line was working with BT, then developed a fault , was reported to BT and after 2 weeks it still isn't fixed, or you have ordered service from BT, either effectively a 'new' line , or taking over a working service from another provider, but the provision or takeover has failed and it's now 2 weeks after the provision or takeover date....obviously depending on the circumstances , it could take a lot longer to provide a new line, or bring back into service a line that hasn't 'worked' for a long time, than a line that was working with BT or another provider, and has developed a fault that has stopped it working.
0 Ratings
exasperated1
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Our line is broken between the house and the telephone pole. This happened on 27th December, I reported it to BT that day and was told it would be fixed on 29th Dec. I have called almost daily since then and each time have been told 'it will be fixed tomorrow '. I have now discovered that the original complaint for 27th Dec was closed as fault fixed (when clearly it was not!) And a new complaint raised on 5th Jan. The latest information we have is that it would be fixed by 8th Jan which was yesterday but here we are a day later and still no phone or broadband
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@exasperated1

Please Contact @JohnC2 as requested.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
If it's just a regular 'fault' report, AFAIK you should have a fault report reference number and should be able to see the status of the fault on line ( or ring and ask for an update ) If it's just the drop wire from the pole to your house that's defective , then it's odd that it's taking a long time to fix, it could be that there is a reason the pole cannot be climbed, ( they obviously would need to get to the top of the pole to replace the drop wire) but they have hoists that can be used If the pole is deemed unsafe to climb, unless there is no access for the hoist vehicle...as already advised , if you contact the mods , they should be able to provide an update , if not speed up the repair
0 Ratings
exasperated1
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks for this - Openrreach can't ascertain any challenge until they actually have a site visit, which has yet to happen. I advised them on the 27th Dec that the line was severed and clearly visible - it requires a new 60 metre line to reconnect with the telegraph post - that's what Openreach do,isn't it? That said, I had a positive call this p.m. from Patrick at BT - he has taken ownership of the case and apparently spoken to the rightl person at Openreach to get things moving - he'll call me tomorrow but seems pretty confident that his intervention will get the Line restored tomorrow. Hooray!!! - doorbell just rang........an engineer on the doorstep, they do exist! He seemed incredulous that it should have taken this long - he needs a platform to reach the pole and if he can't get one this afternoon he has promised it will be done first thing in the morning. One is left wondering. If I'd still be waiting had I not used this Forum?
0 Ratings
exasperated1
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Success! - finally reconnected at 4.45pm this evening, The engineers couldn't source a platform but decide he to use a ladder instead - job done in 30 minutes. Very helpful guys.

Patrick at BT is clearly the goto man with influence - he really got things moving quickly, so thank you Patrick.

Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @exasperated1,

Thank you for posting back and for taking my call today. I'm really happy to hear that the engineer has been able to repair your service. Please once again accept my apology for the delay as I know the repair took a lot longer than expected.

Thanks

PaddyB