Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glenm32
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

switching from sky llu to BT infinity problem

Hi guys,

We had BT infinity installed last Thursday and all was working well (albeit with intermittent drops in DSL).

Then on Friday a health care worker came to our house and said they couldn't call us. Well we tried ringing from our mobiles and got the message "incorrect number please check it and try again". At this time our infinity service was become more and more unstable. I tried to dial out to my mobile and it came up with my correct number on my mobile. I spoke to Bombay scripted help people who got me to do the usual checks. When he tried to call my phone rang. He promised a call back the next day to check it was working. 

The next day. No call backs and our infinity service dropped completely, this meant our mobiles stopped working at we have an eye signal box which provides mobile cpnverage through the broadband service. No broadband = no mobiles. I called Bombay again. They wanted to do a line test and I needed to clear the line. The Bombay script reader said that they will call me back. I asked the obvious, how?? No incoming calls and no mobile signal means I was incomunicardo. She was very persistent. I'm sure you can guess what happened next, I received no call. I tried calling again the next morning and went through the same scripts. I was informed it will be fixed by Thursday. 

Today I receive an email (at work now with mobile coverage) stating my phone line is fixed. Sorry for the inconvience. 

I try calling my wife to tell her to restart the homehub5 like the email tells me to do and I still get the same incorrect number message. 

We have twins that are 3 weeks old and require the phoneline for the healthcare professionals to contact us for appointments. We were expecting 2 calls today and at least 1 tomorrow. But we have no chance of receiving them at the moment.

Please help.

Glen

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
glenm32
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: switching from sky llu to BT infinity problem

UPDATE: infinity service appears to be working. Apparently it was due to a low voltage (god knows what that actually means.)

According to whatsmyisp.net I am on BT. So all seems good there. Apparently the net is slow at the moment, but that's my wife and she is not very tech savvy.

17170 says the circuit is the correct number but still can not get incoming calls.

I'm starting to think this is a porting issue with the number from sky as it seems common issue. How do I go about sorting it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

report the fault on 151
0 Ratings
glenm32
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Hi John,

I have already done that, I keep getting told it is resolved but I still can't receive phone calls. I have even told one of the script readers to ensure the number was ported correctly and all I get is "please unscrew the face plate" basically starting again
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Hi glenm32,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I can take a look at this for you. Drop me an email with then details. You'll get the 'contact us' form in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
glenm32
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Thank you mods for arranging a visit by an openreach engineer. Very nice guy but he said he has wasted his time because my account states OLO (Other Line Operator) against it and is passing the fault back to BT.

Spoke to sky and they claim that everything was released correctly according to penfold. Maybe they should have double checked with danger mouse.
0 Ratings
glenm32
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Shane from open reach has called me back and he has agreed with sky that the number will be re-ported by 5pm today. Let's see....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

please let us know how you get on
0 Ratings