Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donmaico
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

unable to set pin number on BT 8610

Go to solution

I recently bought a trio set but when I go to Call control it asks me to set up an Access  pin number. I press ok, then "set pin" which i do( 4 digit), then press ok but where it says "Confirm new pin" there is nothing on the screen that will let that happen , just "back" to the bottom right hand  side. I have tried various buttons and nothing happens. Is the phone faulty?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: unable to set pin number on BT 8610

Go to solution

Hi @donmaico 

What happens when you confirm the PIN by keying it in and then pressing the OK key?

0 Ratings
donmaico
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

it says "Confirm new pin" but there is no way i can do that, no option or button i can press other than back

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @donmaico   

So the number buttons don’t work? You may need to call the product help desk. You will find the contact details on the BT8610 product page.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55305/~/bt8610-advanced-call-blocker

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @donmaico   So I am understanding you. You have created a four number PIN, (e.g. 1234). The screen then says “Confirm new PIN”, so you key in 1234 (obviously key in the actual PIN) and then OK and nothing happens.

donmaico
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I assume there should be an "OK" showing on the bottom left hand side of the screen  opposite "back" but there isn't

0 Ratings
donmaico
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

sorry yes i didn't re key the pin . Just assumed i would need to press "OK" .Many thanks for that

0 Ratings